Creative Problem Solving Course
In the past few decades, psychologists and business people alike have discovered that successful problem solvers tend to use the same type of process to identify and implement the solutions to their problems. This process works for any kind of problem, large or small.
The Creative Problem Solving course will give you an overview of the entire creative problem solving process, as well as key problem solving tools that you can use every day. Skills such as brainstorming, information gathering, analyzing data, and identifying resources will be covered throughout the course.
Video teaching note on Creative Problem Solving by Leaders Excellence:
What are the Course Objectives for Creative Problem Solving?
Research has consistently demonstrated that when clear goals are associated with learning that the learning occurs more easily and rapidly. With that in mind, let’s review the goals.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand problems and the creative problem solving process
- Identify types of information to gather and key questions to ask in problem solving
- Identify the importance of defining a problem correctly
- Identify and use four different problem definition tools
- Write concrete problem statements
- Use basic brainstorming tools to generate ideas for solutions
- Use idea generating tools, such as affinity diagrams, word chaining, the box method, the six thinking hats, and the blink method
- Evaluate potential solutions against criteria, including cost/benefit analysis and group voting
- Perform a final analysis to select a solution
- Understand the roles that fact and intuition play in selecting a solution
- Understand the need to refine the shortlist and re-refine it
- Understand how to identify the tasks and resources necessary to implement solutions
- Evaluate and adapt solutions to reality
- Follow up with solution implementation to celebrate successes and identify improvements
How Does the Creative Problem Solving Course Work?
This online course includes our course modules, allowing you to take it when you’re ready and at your own pace. The completion time is 2-3 hours of study. You can log in to the learning management system from anywhere, making learning self-directed and available 24/7 using any computer or smartphone.
Do I Need to Speak English Fluently in Order to Complete the Creative Problem Solving Course?
English doesn’t have to be your first language in order to participate in this course. However, you must understand English in order to complete the coursework. Depending on your English level, some participants might use more than the designated time to complete the course.
Will I Receive a Certificate?
When you have successfully completed this course, you will be awarded a certificate of completion. This official proof-of-completion document is issued by Leaders Excellence at Harvard Square, organized in 2014 under the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Based on best practices and standards in online education, all our courses meet the high standards of U.S. education. As a member of the Harvard Square Business Association, we are included in the Harvard community at Harvard Square and a member of the Harvard Faculty Club. We are also a member of AACSB International, which places us in the same elite group with the best educational institutions and business schools in the world.
The Leaders Excellence Certificate Courses℠ are an approved and registered service mark by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, classified under education class 41.
What Self-Reflective Question to Ask Yourself on Creative Problem Solving?
Think of a problem that you need to solve. It could be a work problem, like a difficult customer problem, or a home problem, like dealing with a teenage that stays out too late.
Take a few moments to write the basic information about your problem.
How Do I Register for the Creative Problem Solving?
To register for the Creative Problem Solving course, please complete the registration form below by scrolling down to find this course on the list. You will be forwarded to our payment page after you have submitted your information.
The cost for this course is $65 and is available for enrollment all year around with rolling admission. If you sign up for 2 courses at the same time the cost is $120 and $175 for 3 courses. Once we receive your registration and payment, you will be enrolled in the course(s) on the next business day with access for 5 days to the learning management system. As the courses are delivered 100% online, it is open to business professionals globally. The completion time for each course is 2-3 hours of study.
Please feel free to contact us if you need any further information at info@LeadersExcellence.com.