Goal Setting and Getting Things Done – December 2019
Exclusively for members of Leaders Excellence at Harvard Square, Goal Setting and Getting Things Done is the topic and lecture series in December.
Everyone has dreams and goals. Achieving personal and professional goals, however, requires planning and action. Learning how to manage time and set realistic goals will increase your chance of success in every area of your life. Following the advice on this month’s topic will help increase your productivity and help you achieve your dreams.
Just Do It
When you dislike a particular task, it is easy to procrastinate. Whether you spend time checking email or looking at Instagram, you are procrastinating. You need to do more than identify when you procrastinate. You need to discover why.
• Discover your obstacles: What do you choose over your tasks?
• Discover ways to remove obstacles: Ask for support, and take action.
• Reward yourself: Make the task fun, and use small rewards as incentive.
Once you have identified your obstacles, the only answer is take action. Make the tasks that you want to avoid part of your daily routine. Schedule the tasks into your calendar. Once they become habit, you will find them easier to accomplish. Once you have scheduled the time to accomplish your tasks, you must follow through. Resist the temptation to procrastinate with your favorite time waster. Just do it.
This Month’s Topic Includes:
• Overcoming Procrastination (I)
• Overcoming Procrastination (II)
• Four P’s of Goal Setting
• Improving Motivation
• Wise Time Management
• Tips for Completing Tasks
• Increase Your Productivity
• To Do List Characteristics
• Smart Goals
• Mistakes Will Happen